Mycologist and Botanist
Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A.
See Guide: the plan for this website.
3 November 2014 at 7:30 pm
Become a Citizen Scientist
We are pleased to feature Dr. Patrick Leacock, Adjunct Curator at the Field Museum and IMA member, as he discusses the roles past and present of club members in contributing to our growing knowledge of the Chicago Region's fungi.
Illinois Mycological Association
Location: Kendall College, 900 N. Branch St., Chicago
Featured video: Why you should join your local mushroom club!
On the Trail of Mushrooms, MycoGuide YouTube Channel
- Morels and False Morels, Spring 2014
Current project: Mushroom Description Pages
Newest record for Chicago is Perenniporia fraxinea !
Starting to build pages for the 1200 different kinds of macro-fungi in the Chicago area. These are the first species pages. There are also higher level pages from Kingdom down to genus.
- Antrodia and Antrodia favescens New!
- Byssomerulius corium
- Byssomerulius incarnatus
- Gloeoporus dichrous
- Hapalopilus nidulans
- Perenniporia fraxinea Updated!
- Perenniporia fraxinophila
- Perenniporia ohiensis
- Perenniporia robiniophila New!
- Porostereum spadiceum Excluded
- Pseudoinonotus dryadeus
Did you know the jelly fungi are found in 4 different groups?
- Class Tremellomycetes, Order Tremellales
- Class Dacrymycetes, Order Dacrymycetales
- Class Agaricomycetes, Order Auriculariales
- Class Agaricomycetes, Order Sebacinales
What is happening this month?
Get a Checklist of the most common fungi.