Mycologist and Botanist
Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A.
See Guide: the plan for this website.
Featured in the News
Greg Mueller, colleague at the Chicago Botanic Garden, article on National Geographic: The Next New Species Could be in Your Backyard: Why Exploration and Discovery Matter – Everywhere
- Citizen Science: mycoflora projects document fungi New!
- Join your local mushroom club!
- On the Trail of Mushrooms: Morels and False Morels
MycoGuide YouTube Channel
Current project: Mushroom Description Pages
Starting to build pages for the 1200 different kinds of macro-fungi in the Chicago area. These are the first species pages. There are also higher level pages from Kingdom down to genus.
- Antrodia and Antrodia favescens New!
- Byssomerulius corium
- Byssomerulius incarnatus
- Ceriporia spissa New!
- Globifomes graveolens
- Gloeoporus dichrous
- Hapalopilus nidulans
- Perenniporia fraxinea Updated!
- Perenniporia fraxinophila
- Perenniporia ohiensis
- Perenniporia robiniophila New!
- Porostereum spadiceum Excluded
- Pseudoinonotus dryadeus
- Punctularia strigosozonata New and updated!
What is happening this month?
Get a Checklist of the most common fungi. Add to our knowledge of what mushrooms can be found during the winter.
Monday, March 2nd, 7:30 PM, will be the next public program by the Illinois Mycological Association.
Speaking engagements in 2015 for Patrick
- January 31 : Sixth Biennial Wild Things Conference
- February 18 : Wisconsin Mycological Society
- March 26 : Homewood Izaak Walton Preserve
- September 24–27 : NAMA Blue Ridge Foray 2015