You Can Support Mycology
Donations and project funding are greatly appreciated. I am currently self-employed with teaching, short-term collections work, and seasonal contracted mushroom surveys. My research and work on the Chicago Region mycobiota is largely unfunded and voluntary.
PayPal: Donations can be made via PayPal, using my e-mail: email@example.com.
Website. Some example donation amounts are below. What content would you like to see added? Send me an e-mail to specify the content you are supporting. Donations are anonymous unless you want a web page dedicated to a person or your name listed as a contributor.
- $300 : Species Page of your choice. These take one or two days to produce. I ask that it be a species recorded for the Chicago Region and in need of a species page, meaning it does not have a page at Michael Kuo's MushroomExpert.com or Gary Emberger's Fungi Growing on Wood.
- $150 : Genus, Family, Order, Class, or clade page.
- $50 : Glossary entry with illustration.
- $20 : Glossary entry.
Benefactors are desired in support of current research and collections projects.
- Patrick's voluntary time for the Somme Woods Citizen Science Project with the Illinois Mycological Association. See Video Introduction.
- Patrick's voluntary time building the Chicago Mycobiota and documenting specimens from the Illinois Mycological Association forays.
- Funding and supplies for DNA sequencing of Chicago fungi. This will allow us to build our DNA library from mushroom specimens for comparison to DNA sequences obtained from mycorrhizal root tips and soil samples, as part of our long term nitrogen deposition project. This will also assist with identification of unknown fungi and for phylogenetic analysis to find new species.
Patrick R. Leacock, Ph.D.
Mycologist and Botanist
Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A.
Author and Webmaster for MycoGuide.com